I read quite a bit. The list of the books on this page contains books I've found especially useful or defining in my life. I am limiting this particular list to twenty titles. That seems like a good number. This version of the list was compiled on 15 June 2019.
My Top Twenty Books
- A Touch of Wonder by Arthur Gordon
- The Princess Bride by William Goldman
- Dune by Frank Herbert
- A Wizard of Earthsea by Ursula Le Guin
- Imperial Earth by Arthur C. Clarke
- Tao Te Ching by Lao Tzu
- How to Stay Alive in the Woods by Bradford Angier
- The Demon-Haunted World by Carl Sagan
- At the Mountains of Madness by H.P. Lovecraft
- Magician by Raymond E. Feist
- A Canticle for Leibowitz by Walter M. Miller Jr.
- Tailchaser's Song by Tad Williams
- Starting from Scratch by Rita Mae Brown
- Citizen of the Galaxy by Robert A. Heinlein
- Contact by Carl Sagan
- Anne of the Island by Lucy Maud Montgomery
- Drawing Down the Moon by Margot Adler
- The Tough Guide to Fantasyland by Diana Wynne Jones
- Video Games by Daniel Cohen
- License Renewed by John Gardner
Other Reading Lists
- Older Reading List
- This is the final version of the reading list I had on my website from 1996 until 2009. I'm not sure what I was thinking when I put this together. The list contains both good books and not so good books.
- Top 20 Books list from 22 June 2018
- This was a reading list I put together in mid 2018 to replace my old reading list that I originally created in 1996 and kept adding to.
- Top 20 Books list from 07 January 2019
- This incarnation of the list is more reflective of what I was reading throughout 2018 than it is of anything else.